Sunday, April 12, 2015

Smile * Click * Captured - Fancy Pants Sketch This! April

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a great spring weekend.  It's been rainy here, which is perfect for doing some fun scrapping!  This weekend I completed a layout for the Fancy Pants Sketch This! for April.  This layout highlights our visit to Amarillo for my niece Courtney's wedding.  My daughter, niece Sophie, and mom are seriously be-you-tiful!


I love this polka dot paper from Memories Captured, so I used it as my base.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch, but I added a few extra things.  

For the title area, I used a strip of the Fancy Pants black corrugate cardstock and trimmed the strip from "Strips" with the *click* on it.  I incorporated that into my title.  I used the Black Large Alpha stickers to spell *SMILE*, and then a sticker with "captured" on it from the collection.  I created a corner embellishment area with some stitching, and I cut one of the circles and popped it up with 3D foam.


The photo area is matted with the Shining Stars and Memories papers (I stitched along the stars paper after distressing it), and includes a tag, some stickers, and a burlap bow from the Burlap & Bouquets collection.  I heart this bow! I die cut an arrow from the burlap paper to balance out the burlap from the bow and popped it up with 3D foam. 




That's it for me for today.  Stay tuned this week for another sketch reveal for My Scraps & More on Friday.  Until then, I hope you get a few final bits of Easter candy to enjoy!

Majken

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic