Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Oh Joy | Creative Scrappers January Sketch

Hello out there happy scrappers!  Welcome to 2017.  I was up Monday on the Creative Scrappers blog.  Isn't the sketch awesome?!  I opted to flip it 180 degrees.  Also, the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy collection is just gorgeous.  I mostly used the 6x6 paper pad and some embellishments from Oh Joy as well as Fancy Pants Merry & Bright puffy dots stickers...they matched well!  Here's my layout.




I used the cut file created for the sketch on a sheet of white textured cardstock, cut papers to fit into the triangles, then sandwiched them on top of a full sheet of white textured cardstock.  I sewed along the cut file for some additional texure.  Cut files and sewing are a favorite combo of mine!



These photos of the kids from 2010 are perfect with these gorgeous papers!  I loved tucking in the ephemera and puffy stickers.  I created my own sewn tag using the acrylic "on the nice list" piece to put in the bottom right.


For the title, I purchased the font "Hello Sunshine" and cut out "Oh Joy" because I was so inspired by the collection's logo.  I used an enamel star as the dot for the "j".




I hope this page has inspired you to get some Christmas photos scrapped!  If you use the sketch, please use the hashtag #creatingwithsketches and post to the Creative Scrappers blog using the InLinkz widget.  And don't forget to follow @creativescrappers on Instagram!

Have a wonderful January!

Majken


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic