Saturday, October 25, 2014

This Kid is the Best | My Mind's Eye October Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's the **weekend**....I love them.  I find they are over just all too quickly, though.  NO FAIR!!!  This weekend we are celebrating my son's 6th birthday with a party, and he is SO EXCITED.  My daughter has several invitations to various things, and my mother-in-law is visiting.  I will blink and it will be Monday again!

Sigh.

Well, before it flashes to Monday, I wanted to share a layout I created as part of the My Mind's Eye October sketch challenge.  Of course, you have to use MME for it.  Uh...no problem!!!  Did I mention I'm a hoarder of their collections from waaaay back?  Going through my papers to reorganize some of my crafty goodies recently, I found 2 pieces from Bohemia copyright 2007.  And a few from Abbey Road copyright 2009.  And while I can clean out some collections easy-peasy, I Just. Don't. Get Rid. Of MME.  Instead, I hoard it.  It will get its day...

Which brings me to a layout of my daughter and a snapshot I took of her on her 12th birthday before she left for school.


She's a sweetie...well, most of the time.  :)  And here is the sketch:


Materials used:

  • Cardstock for base -> Cut & Paste "Flair"
  • Patterned paper, chipboard button, enamel dots, label stickers -> Market Street "Ashbury Heights"
  • Gold triangle foiled vellum paper; gold washi tape -> Necessities "Metallics"

Here are some close-ups.

Title close up -> I used the label stickers and cut "best" using my Cameo.  Some messy stitching underneath using black thread:


Patterned paper close-up with messy stitching.  I used vellum to mat the photo, with stitching.  I also cut some triangles from the gold metallic washi tape:


I misted the base paper with black before placing my arrow, circles, photo and fussy cut flower:


You can see my journaling strips and some enamel dots:

Thanks so much for stopping by during your weekend.  Have a wonderful, scrappy weekend!  :)

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic