Saturday, December 13, 2014

Joy Banner | Graham & Brown

Hello everyone-

Did you miss me??  Between a 10 day Thanksgiving roadtrip to Walt Disney World and then trying to get caught back up on life, laundry, and Christmas, it's been fun.

But...it's great to be back!  The day after we returned from WDW, I got some GORGEOUS Graham & Brown "Desire" wallpaper to play with.  It's high quality paper and really fun to work with!  Once I cut the paper from the roll, it felt similar to cardstock, but smoother.  

The project I wanted to share with you today is a JOY banner with Desire as the background.  I created 5 pennants, cutting the triangles using my Cricut Imagine.  It cut wonderfully.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the Desire paper to chipboard pennants.

Below are the close-ups first and then the full banner hanging from our mantel.  I complemented the banners using materials from My Mind's Eye "Sleigh Bells Ring".



I created the letters for the banner by cutting them on my Cameo and then using chunky glitter to make them sparkle and complement the gold sheen of the wallpaper.








Isn't this cardinal beautiful against the Desire paper?


Here is the banner hung along our mantel.  I used two snowflake stocking hangers to tie the ends.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and I plan to make a few cards with the wallpaper as well - Christmas cards, if time permits!


Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to visit Graham & Brown to view their full line of wallpaper and other contemporary wall decoration.

See you soon,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic