Wednesday, December 24, 2014

MME Sleigh Bells Ring Cards

Hello everyone and happy Christmas Eve!

I wanted to pop in before the festivities of Christmas to share two cards I created using My Mind's Eye "Sleigh Bells Ring" collection.  I received it free from MME for winning their sketch drawing in October for my layout This Kid is the Best.  Such fun!!

And I got the SBR collection just in time to use it for some fun Christmas projects, such as the Joy Banner here.

Today I wanted to show two ways to use the collection.  The first is the "typical" Christmas card:


I cut the red reindeer and wood grain papers for the card face and inked the edges in black.  I cut a tag with the mistletoe image and then backed the tag with the green and red paper from the collection.  I added a bit of sparkle using my Gelly Roll pen, tied a gold knot on the tag, and stamped a simple "Merry Christmas" (CTMH, retired set).

But you can use this collection for masculine cards, too, like this birthday card I created to send to my brother:


I cut two pieces from the SBR collection again, this time going for less "Christmas-y" paper (the black plaid and the brown deer) to use as the card face.  I inked the edges again in black and cut a tag using the light wood grain paper.  I cut a strip of the plaid paper to go across the tag and used a circle punch to get one of the deer heads to pop up off the tag.  I used a dark brown wood dot from the collection on the top of the tag, and then used the satin, less glittery side of the same gold ribbon to frame the card.

Well, that's it from me until after Christmas!  I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing holiday filled with family, fun, food, happiness, and of course, chocolate.  :)

Best wishes,
Majken

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing such lovely creations with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment...hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic