Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Happiest Place on Earth | My Scraps & More Sketch #108

What's up, y'all?  It's time for another My Scraps & More sketch reveal.  At first, I couldn't think of any photos I specifically wanted to scrap, and then remembered I have a **whole box** of photos from our trip to Walt Disney World in November that are waiting!  We had a blast - it was our first trip there as a family.  And we got to meet Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too!  And Presley had fun snapping selfies with all the characters.

This time, I reached for a 5x7 photo of us in front of THE castle at Magic Kingdom the night before Thanksgiving.  Our first day at Magic Kingdom was on Saturday, and we went for Magic Kingdom day two on Wednesday to eat an early Thanksgiving meal at Liberty Tree Tavern as well as visit rides we didn't get to see Saturday.  And this time?  We stayed for the parade and the fireworks - we watched from the Rose Garden...it truly was magical!  




I have had the idea for using the famous Mickey ears as a cut file for one of my layouts for awhile, and looking at the sketch, I decided to turn the larger background rectangle into Mickey after rotating the sketch 90 degrees.  I sewed around Mickey's face after cutting to help give definition.  The color of the castle was perfect to use Simple Stories Say Cheese II!



I cut the red paper with the polka dots from the "2X12, 4X12 & 6X12 Elements" paper, cutting around the scallops.  I added a layer of the striped blue paper, and added a gold mickey face I saved from our travel agency mail that came with our paperwork along with a phrase sticker.  I used my Cameo to cut a chevron strip using the yellow star paper.



For the scalloped areas in the sketch, I opted to use hearts cut with my Cameo of the Simple Stories Say Cheese II cut files combined with stickers.  I turned the blue one above into my journal spot!

I combined the bottom hearts with other stickers, too.



Finally I added the title.  I had been thinking about what my title should be the whole time I worked on the layout, and I knew I wanted to use the curve of the Mickey ears to help highlight it.  Here's what I came up with using different alpha stickers from the collection.  I wanted "happiest" to stand out, so I used the gold foil for that word.



I added a few star stickers, gems, and sequins to help add interest the the layout.

Here is the sketch by Katrina Hunt:



We'd love for you to join us using this sketch - be sure to link it up for your chance at some scrappy goodies from My Scraps & More!  There are a lot of other awesome takes on Katrina's sketch, so head back to My Scraps & More sketches to view them.

1 comment:

  1. great disney page, love the big ears and stitching!!!! very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic