Friday, June 5, 2015

Just Chillin' | My Scraps & More Sketch 107

Hi everyone!  I'm happy to be back sharing my take on a My Scraps & More sketch.  Today's layout uses Bo Bunny's #ForeverYoung collection.  I love the bright colors in it that highlight my daughter's outfit...they work so well together!  Here is my take on the sketch (I decided to add a 2nd photo to it):



I loved this sketch because it's so versatile.  I started my center grid with a layer of wide silver and white My Mind's Eye washi tape, and then I trimmed pieces of the 6x6 paper pad as well as a border page from the collection to layer over the tape.  After I had the pieces where I wanted them, I sewed in black along the grid.


I matted my photos in white and then black cardstock, and I used 3D foam to pop them up a bit for depth.  I trimmed the #ForeverYoung piece from the barcode of one of my papers...I don't think I've ever used the collection name/logo in an actual layout before!  But I thought it was fitting since the sketch "hashtag" is the center piece.  :)



I trimmed two 12" strips to border the left and top of my layout and sewed along them to help frame my page.  Next, I fussycut some of the citrus pieces and punched a heart to sprinkle around my page.  I punched the "Sweet!" circle out of a journal spot piece to use as another embellishment.  I stamped some ink spots and added the black foam arrows from an Amy Tan Plus One Kal Barteski Thickers set.

Next I created my title from Tim Holtz black letters and another set of pink foam Thickers.  I stamped an arrow from the Bo Bunny collection and sprinkled some matching Queen & Co Droplets around the layout, too.


I did a tiny bit of journaling in the bottom right corner to keep it simple.

Here is a look at the sketch:


Now make it a point to play along for your chance at some goodies from My Scraps & More!  They have a great collection of papers and embellishments as well as lots of great challenges on their Forum.  Come join us!!

Have a super weekend everyone...chocolate dreams for every one of you!

Majken

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic