Friday, February 21, 2014

Exploring Freeport - A Two-Page Layout along my Scrappy Time Warp

Hi everyone!

I have a new two-page layout to share with you that I created during my last crop visit to Archiver's (not sure I'll ever get over my sadness about it closing) where I dug out my honeymoon pics to focus on.  Well, here we go back in time again along my scrappy time warp to the year 2000.  The place: Freeport, Bahamas.



I chose some photos of my husband and me exploring the city of Freeport.  To pull out the blues and reds in the photos, I dug into my stash and loved the Simple Stories Urban Traveler collection to go along with them.

I chose to use the red in moderation to complement the photos, and to offset the red, I chose to use the blue papers as my background.  I chose red for my stitching and used the gray paper and some gray embellishments to help ground the photos separately from the blue backround.  To help round out the layout, I included my favorite vellum - the chevron vellum by Studio Calico from the Darling Dear collection, which you can see on the left of this close-up:



I love the look of the stitching on layouts.  The nice thing is that it doesn't have to be perfect or straight!  It can overlap, zig zag, etc.  Below I machine stitched over the vellum frame from the Basic Grey Capture photo frames pack and topped it using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (one of my favorite scrappy gadgets!!).




On the right-hand page, I put a subtitle of "Look, See, Do" by fussycutting the circle letters from the patterned paper. layering them over some fussycut arrow borders, and stitching over them.


I finished the layout with a title cut using my Cameo ("Exploring") and the letters from the Simple Stories Sn@p! letter pages ("Freeport").  Finally, I did some journaling in the photo frame in the bottom right and stitched around that one as well:



I hope you enjoyed today's 2-page layout!  Thanks for visiting.  

See you soon!
Majken Pullin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic