Monday, June 30, 2014

This is What Fun Looks Like

Happy Monday, y'all!  Other than the 90+ degree temps out there, it's been a great summer so far.  I hope you are enjoying it, too!

Today I'm sharing a layout I created of some pics we took in March at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo...it's a family tradition to take the day off and take the kids during spring break.  We had so much fun, and the weather was absolutely perfect that day.  I love the colors in Jillibean Soup's Sightseeing Stew so I decided to use the collection for this layout (though I snuck a little Social Spicy Soup in there as well!). Take a look:



 I based my layout on Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #397:



So, I started with a 12x12 piece of CTMH Colonial White cardstock, and I spritzed the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Arrows with Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine on the right third of the page.  I cut the blue pattern to cover the middle part of the page, and I cut the arrows paper in a triangle to fit the sketch.  I then inked the edges and stitched along the inside and outside edge of the triangle using red thread.



I misted a piece of Colonial White cardstock with CTMH Pacifica reinker and used that as a mat for both photos.  I layered the arrow paper underneath the left edge and stitched along the middle with blue thread.  

I cut the title, matted it with the Social Spicy Soup paper (which you can also see peeking out from the top left corner and bottom right corner) and lifted with 3D foam tape. I created the journal spot and embellished with coordinating stickers, wooden nickels, and red twine.



I decided to include an embellishment spot in the bottom right and used red ribbon, a Maya Road Geo Tag Love clip, a fussycut @ circle, and an arrow sticker with a blue Studio Calico chipboard heart.



Isn't this collection fun?  Have you used the Sightseeing Stew for any projects?

I hope your Monday is filled with fun (with a dash of chocolate!).

Until next time,
Majken

2 comments:

  1. Love how you used this collection and all the little details that make is cohesive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh..this IS what fun looks like! The mix of papers and color gives so much energy to the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic