Monday, February 9, 2015

Selfie Magic

Hi everyone!  

Thanks for joining me this Monday.  So normally, November and December are very busy for me (I think everyone is busy!), but this year, January was also packed with activity.  February is also proving to be busy, but I've decided I must spend more time scrapping than I have the past few months.  I have a 4-day weekend coming up, which I'm very much looking forward to since I work full-time.  And then, I have a scrapping weekend at the end of February with a few friends.  What better way to end February?

Today I'm featuring my very favorite recent photo of Presley.  She just turned 13 (eek!), so selfies are completely "normal" for her - she's grown up in the digital age and saw smartphones come about.  So when we were at Disney World in November, not only did we get great photos with characters from the Disney photographers, but we also got many fun, candid shots.  Presley took a selfie with every character she met.

Isn't this shot perfect??  I am very grateful to whomever was in the Tigger costume...they were the most fun character we met.  The smile his close-up nose gave her was the best gift.  <3  I used My Scraps & More sketch #99 by Audrey Yeager (loving the banners!) and the Say Cheese collection by Simple Stories



So I used white textured cardstock as my base and started with the largest banner first.  I used my Cameo to make sure the photo would fit inside.  The journaling banner was created with the white space from the banner cut on the very left, and I backed it with the B side.

Once I had the banners I wanted, I decided on a strip from the Border & Title Strip elements page.  I sewed the banners underneath the strip, sticking closely to the sketch.  I included a camera brad and a tab cut out to put above the photo.



I used a black arrow clip to point to the subtitle, and I trimmed a small square for the journaling spot.


For the bottom right area, I trimmed a triangle using the yellow star paper.  I sewed along the bottom edge, then added letters to create "selfie" and the magic banner for the title. Finally, I stamped a few stars and hearts that I watercolored using red and gold ink sprays mixed with water. 


I think all scrapbooking is fun, but I especially had fun with this one.  :)

Make it a wonderful week!

Majken

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun page! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! The large banner and just the whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun page!! Thanks for sharing with us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page! Love all the stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching is so fun and love your stars and hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic