Friday, March 6, 2015

The Good Life -> My Scraps & More Sketch Design Team Introduction!

Hi everyone!  

I'm SO EXCITED I was recently announced as part of the My Scraps & More sketch design team!  I'll be sharing layouts twice a month as part of my term, and I'd love you to play along.  My Scraps & More is a great online retail scrapbooking store with a ton of products from key manufacturers and owned by the very talented Audrey Yeager.

Today's layout was so fun to create - I was so inspired by Audrey's sketch!  I used two black & white photos that my best friend took of my kids in 2012 along with Amy Tan's Stitched collection.  


As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use negative space for the icons.  The first thing I did was open Silhouette Studio and lay out the different shapes until they were in the right spots.  I used a rectangle the same size as my photos just for reference, and then moved the rectangles off the cutting area before cutting.


After I cut my white cardstock, I placed various papers behind the layout until I got the look I wanted.  Then I sewed along specific images, starting with the large star.  I sewed along the outside edge, and also the inside to give it texture.


To match the sketch, I sewed along the arrows as well, and I put my short journaling there to mark the date the photos were taken.  


Next, I sewed around the other two stars, along the photo of my son, and around the arrow.  The photo mats are pocket scrapbooking spots trimmed from the Stitched Scissors paper.





To finish the layout, I trimmed 0.25" from the right and bottom and put the entire page onto the green stitched paper so it shows on the top and left sides, and then I framed the bottom right with a corner from the same.  Puffy stickers from the Stitched collection complete the flower centers and accents.  I added black alpha stickers to complete the title "The Good Life".





I hope this sketch and my interpretation has inspired you!  Go check out the full reveal for some other takes on the sketch, and don't forget to link up your version of the sketch to the My Scraps & More Sketch blog before midnight ET on March 31st for your chance at a great prize -> new stuff from the new BasicGrey Prism collection!



And here is the sketch.


Thanks for stopping by today...have a wonderful weekend!

Majken

8 comments:

  1. Your page is super pretty! Love all the stitching you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the sketch team. I love, love, LOVE what you did with the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay sooo glad you are on the team!!! LOVE all your stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout! It is just fabulous! Great way to use the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is awesomeness all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The details of your work is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the stitching you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with your cameo and sewing machine. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic