Thursday, October 1, 2015

Having Fun Together - My Scraps & More Sketch #115 Reveal

Hi everyone!  So glad you are visiting today.  I'm just amazed that it's already October.  It made me think fondly of a long weekend we spent in Fredericksburg, Texas for the Oktoberfest celebration, so that's what I decided to scrap for the My Scraps & More sketch 115!

I used the Simple Stories "We Are Family" collection for this layout.  Check out my layout, but don't miss the other designers' layouts as well!   

So when I saw the sketch and was going through the We Are Family papers I had, the one with the hearts in the bottom right jumped out at me.  I love the papers that have built-in embellishments, but I often get stumped with how to use them.  What I decided is that I could use the So Very Loved paper as my background and tuck the photo section behind the circles!  I flicked a few drops of Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine and let it dry before doing anything else.


The first thing I did after choosing my background paper of So Very Loved was trim and mat my photos with different papers from the collection until I liked how they fit.  I distressed one and inked the edges of a few others.  When I knew where I wanted them to fit, I used my X-Acto knife to cut around the two circles where I wanted the papers to tuck behind.


I really wanted the base paper to do the heavy lifting for the layout!  I love the hearts within the circles!  Once I had that down, I trimmed the bottom and right sides of the paper to layer on top of the B-side of another piece of the So Very Loved paper to create the heart corner on the top and left.  I then used gold thread to stitch a three areas of two lines of stitching.  I'm starting to really love this gold thread - can you tell by this layout and these cards? :)

Next, I opted for the top left embellishment area.  I kept it simple with a banner chipboard sticker.


Once I had that in place, I worked on the title using Simple Stories alpha stickers and the "together" from the chipboard stickers.  


I also created a small journal spot.


I few more sticker elements as well as some enamel dots and gold sequins and the layout was complete!  Here's the fun sketch for you to play along with and link up to try for your chance at some fabulous goodies!!


Play along with us, won't you?  And check out the MSAM store for more new goodies as well.

Have a super weekend!

Majken

2 comments:

  1. super fun page and love the colors!!! that line is great!! LOVE the circles with hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic