I started by enlarging the Dreamcatcher Background to approximately 11", traced it in Silhouette Studio, and the cut it out of white textured cardstock with my Cameo.
I used the pieces that fell out of the circle to cut slightly larger pieces from the different patterned paper that I wanted for each section. I adhered them on the back using little dots of my Martha Stewart glue pen - I love it for small amounts of adhesive like I needed here!
I then adhered the full circle onto another white textured cardstock piece, about 11 1/2" x 11 1/2". Then I busted out my sewing machine! I used white thread to circle the outside edge and all the straight edges within the circle.
I adhered that onto a piece of Cranberry Red CTMH cardstock and sewed along the inside edge of the white cardstock.
I had three photos I wanted to include on the dreamcather, so I matted them with white cardstock and then different pieces of the patterned paper from It's A Party. Coincidentally, there were three tab stickers with the collection, and I used one on each of the photos!
With that base down, I decided on my title. I used the Birthday from the ephemera pack and some red alpha stickers from Simple Stories' Snap collection for "BOY". I tucked the boy from the ephemera pack next to the title for a fun accent. Isn't that gray curlicue from the photo sticker pack cute?? I sprinkled a few of those along the circle.
I used some ephemera, New Bradz, enamel dots (borrowed from Simple Stories' Say Cheese Collection!), and stickers to create different embellishment spots. There's so much to choose from - I know I'll be making some birthday cards with this collection.
To journal, I typed and printed a few strips to sew along the page.
TIP: To use a matching color for your journaling:
- Open a web page that shows the color you want (I browsed to a photo of It's A Party)
- Take a screen shot of the page that has your color
- Open it in Paint
- Use the dropper tool to "grab" the color you want to use for your font (I grabbed the gray/brown color)
- Change your font color in Word to the RGB values shown in Paint.
I decided to add some embellishments to the top left and bottom right corners outside of the Dreamcatcher circle. I just HAD to use that banner sticker and sew along its seam!
And that's a wrap for this layout! I hope you will also take part in Kristine's challenge and use the cut file - Nicole has some really awesome ones in her shop.
Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your week!