Saturday, September 21, 2013

#JrHigh!

If you are like me, you love My Mind's Eye!  I've been a fan for years, and their new lines are so fun!  I decided to create a layout of my daughter's first day of Jr. High (insert Momma-gasp here!) using their Presh Cut & Paste line.



I decided to first use the triangles patterned side of the "Noted" Record paper.  I fussy-cut some triangle borders.  Next, I combined white paint with some CTMH Key Lime re-inker (color discontinued) and spread some on both pages.  I also dropped some Indian Corn Blue re-inker mixed with water randomly on the pages. I sewed the triangle borders on the pages as well as put a sewn border across the top of the pages.  I used my Cricut and CTMH's Artbooking cartridge to cut  two large triangles using "Beautiful" Presh C&P paper, and sewed them on as backgrounds.  I cut five other smaller triangles in several of the pieces of patterned paper, and sewed a line through them.

The rest came together quickly with a title, some brads, and journaling. I popped up the hash tag in the title, the journaling, and the square photo with the stamped border to give the layout some more texture.

I hope you enjoy the layout!  See you soon.

Chocolate dreams,
Majken



2 comments:

  1. This layout is amazing, Majken! Love it. Did Presley get her hair cut or is it pulled back. Either way, it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather! She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail, but her bangs are new this summer. She really likes them.

      I really had fun creating this layout! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic