Saturday, October 12, 2013

B-day Date Night

Hello everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Today I'm excited to share with you a single-page layout, and there are two reasons I'm excited.  1) I'm primarily a 2-page scrapbooker and 2) the layout came together so quickly because the collection is so versatile!


Isn't this Bo Bunny Zip-A-Dee-Doodle collection super fun?  Let me share with you how quickly it came together, too. 

I started with a base of CTMH Black Cardstock, and I trimmed the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Crackle page about a quarter inch of each side.  The Crackle base already had misting and doodles on it, so I trimmed the backside of the Zig Zag pattern to get the square with the circle in it.  I trimmed the circle out and set it aside.  The other 6x6 piece of Zig Zag became another layer, and I edged it with CTMH Black ink.  The next layer was another piece from the back side of Zig Zag, and I turned it sideways and covered part of the banner with my photo.

Once I layered it how I wanted it, I noted where I wanted to sew black zig zag with my sewing machine.  After sewing it, I put my layered pieces on and adhered them.



The finishing touches were adding a few of the dimensional stickers from the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle collection, some stamps (CTMH black and retired Moonstruck ink), a title using stickers from the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Combo Sticker page, and some journaling.


I plan on creating a journaling page to go opposite this photo page.  It won't be a 2-page layout, but I'll coordinate the journaling page with the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle collection as well.

I hope you enjoyed this layout.  I'd love to see your creations with this collection as well, so feel free to share in the comments.

Happy, chocolaty scrapping,
Majken


Materials

Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Collection:

Crackle
Zig Zag
Dimensional stickers
Combo sticker page

Various stamps from:

"Today Was" - Mama Elephant
"Oh Snap" - Hero Arts/Studio Calico
"Beautiful" - Hero Arts/Studio Calico Project Life

Other materials:

CTMH Black Cardstock
CTMH Black ink
CTMH Moonstruck ink (retired)
CTMH Black epoxy stickers (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic