Monday, January 20, 2014

Cutie Pie Layout

Hello and happy Monday everyone!

I was one of the lucky ones who had today off for MLK, so I decided to take Friday off to make a 4-day weekend.  Can you guess what I did??  If you guessed "scrapped", you'd be correct! A couple of friends and I booked some time at Archiver's (probably our last crop there....so SAD about my favorite store closing).  We cropped all day Friday, left our stuff overnight and went back for a full day on Saturday.  I got three 2-page layouts done (well the 3rd layout was close to done, and I finished it today).  I'm going to show you this 3rd one first...and it's a cute one because it showcases my daughter when she was about 18 months old.  



 I had a ton of fun with this layout!  The chair in the photos matched the BasicGrey RSVP line perfectly!  And I ADORE purple. I then decided to use a sketch to help get my creative juices flowing.  I chose this Scrapbook Circle sketch.  




The sketch is for a single page, so the 2nd page is from my imagination.  I started with the bokeh/confetti paper because that was my favorite in the pack, and I used it as my base for the photos.  I layered a few of the other coordinating papers to place behind the photos and horizontal strip to make sure I liked the combination, and I misted both sides with CTMH Juniper re-inker.  Here is the left page by itself.





After layering my various pieces, I distressed the edges of the pink striped paper, matted the orange-red polka dot paper and the photos with "Velvet" Bazzill cardstock, and then sewed around the horizontal bokeh/confetti papers in the center of the layouts.

I cut the "Cutie" with my Cameo, and used the alpha sticker sheet to spell "Pie" to complete my title.





I decided to add sequins and gems to complement the misting, and I also added a banner in the top left corner.  I punched out the banner pieces from various papers in the pack, and I used some baker's twine to be the base for the banner pieces.



For the small banner/embellishment cluster underneath the photos, I used two banner pieces and a few stickers from the collection.  I finished it off with some baker's twine, a gem, and a sequin.  



For the coordinating page, I continued the bokeh/confetti paper in the center (with the sewing) and layered similar papers to coordinate with the left side.  I used a large circle cutter and cut a circle to layer behind as well.  An additional banner, sequins, gems, and vellum stickers rounded out the layout.



I really hope you enjoyed my layout!  If it inspires you, I'd love you to share it.  

Enjoy, and may your day include chocolate and scrappiness!

Majken

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - this turned out so cute! And I absolutely LOVE the way you turned a one page sketch into a two page layout - so clever! Love your layering, love the sequins and gems, love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the sketch! Great job and I love the little dots all over it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic