Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Best Photobomb *Ever*

Hello everyone!  I hope you enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend.  I definitely did not "labor"...in fact, I got crafty.  It feels like I just don't get as much time as I want in the ol' scrap room, so this was extra fun knowing there was an extra day to enjoy it.

So, today I am sharing a layout I made using the Creative Scrappers Sketch # 275 (though I missed their August deadline) and Simple Stories Summer Paradise.  It features my husband's two lovely cousins, but hidden in the background is my daughter in the swimming pool with the most fabulous photobomb I've ever seen.  :)  Check it out:


I decided to try some mixed media with this layout (top left and bottom right corners), so using a sheet of textured white cardstock I scribbled some blue Faber Castell Gelato and brushed it with water.  Next I rolled the dotted American Crafts brayer in gesso and rolled it over the two areas.  After they dried somewhat, I spritzed the corners with red, teal, and mustard inks.  I like how some of the inks spread and mixed).  I added shimmer to one of the inks that you can see below.


I inked the edges of all the Simple Stories paper in retired CTMH Moonstruck ink and adhered them to the page after it had dried.  

For the title, I used Jillibean Soup Alphabeans - Roma Red for "the best" and Blueberry teal for the "ever".  I cut "photobomb" out using my Cameo and retired CTMH Moonstruck cardstock as well as white textured cardstock, which I used as a shadow effect to help the word "photobomb" stand out.


I inked part of the zig zag stamp (from CTMH D1516 "Have a Happy Day") in red ink and used it to emphasize the "ever".  I added the journal spot, some Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles (swimming pool assortment), and some sticker elements from Simple Stories.  I stamped the "love it!" in Moonstruck ink (stamp is from CTMH D1555 "All the Details").


Have you scrapbooked some fun photobombs?  Share them with us if you have.

Stay tuned for another #TBT layout that I'll share later this week.  Enjoy your short week, hopefully with some chocolate.

Scrappy wishes,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic