Friday, November 7, 2014

Cherish This

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited it's Friday.  We've fallen back, there's a feeling of winter in the air (even in Texas), and doesn't the time just go so quickly?  I found a couple of photos from Easter last year that I hadn't yet scrapped, and decided they would work well with the My Scraps & More Sketch #92.  Alas, I finished it on Nov. 1st so I didn't get my link in before the deadline, but such is life.  :)

Here's my layout:


And here is the sketch by Tracy Rhodes:


This was one tough layout to photograph!  The foam stickers that make the title kept throwing shadows and the die cut transparencies reflect the light.  I did the best I could!  I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E the Basic Grey Highline collection.  It's so vibrant!  It's certainly not a collection that screams "Easter", but it worked really well for my two photos.  :)

I started off with textured white cardstock from American Crafts and splattered a mix of two Heidi Swapp Color Shines, black Glitter Mist, and my own homemade ink mixing red and orange reinkers.  Next I created the bottom border area mixing a couple of the patterned paper from Highline.  To help it stand out, I added black machine stitching.


Next I chose the paper to mat my photos and inked the edges with black ink.  Once I had the placement right, I adhered the back middle square and stitched around it just past where I knew the photos would cover it.  Here's what it looked like before I added the matted photos:


Here's a close-up of the photo area with a foam heart sticker from the Amy Tangerine Plus One Twins Thickers.  I backed the heart with contrasting paper to help it pop even more.


The title came together quickly, inspired by the Thickers!


And the top left corner seemed a little bare to me, so I added a triangle corner and stitched along the long side.  And I knew I had to use the "Love this" transparency!  So I added it and stitched along the top and bottom there, too.  I love how the splatters show through!


I hope you are inspired by the bold - it's okay to scrap non-Thanksgiving, non-autumn, or non-Christmas things even in November!

Here's another layout using Highline for more inspiration.

Make it a chocolaty, happy, scrappy day!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic