Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Friends - A Million Little Things

Hi there!  I'm back after a hiatus to share a new layout with you.  I'm using some new BasicGrey Sun Kissed collection, which is so beautiful!  Well, you all know I love me some BasicGrey, and when I saw the photo my daughter captured of me and my dear friend Lisa, I knew I wanted to put the two together.



I started with my favorite white textured cardstock from American Crafts and spritzed some Heidi Swapp Patina Color Shine over a ColorBox Splatter Art Screen with a few additional spatters on the bottom right for good measure.  While that dried, I created the photo area by matting a couple of Sun Kissed papers and outlining with black textured cardstock to define the photo.



You can't go wrong when you stitch on textured cardstock - there's just something about creating additional texture with it!

Next I wanted to focus on the title.  I recently purchased the Outline Alpha cut file from JustNicks...I love her designs!  So I pulled the letters together to make "FRIENDS" and cut them out twice on my Cameo - once using the houndstooth pattern paper from Sun Kissed and once using black textured cardstock, which I used to create a shadow effect.



My title is a take on the quote "Friendship is not a big thing - it's a million little things".  I took some wooden Studio Calico letters and misted them with the Patina spray.  I chose the BasicGrey Typepad epoxy letters to spell "million" and finished the title area with some black stitching to mimic the stitching in the photo area.  Underneath, I placed a strip for a journal spot.

To finish the layout, I fussycut the butterfly from the journal card paper from the Sun Kissed collection and popped it up with 3D foam tape.  More dimension!  I don't think you can easily tell from the photo, but I used some clear Wink of Stella marker on its wings. I also sprinkled some sequins from Sun Kissed around the layout.  Such fun embellishments!


I hope this inspires you to get your inks and cutting tools out to create something pretty.  

Have a super week!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic