Monday, December 7, 2015

Quilted Snowman - Winter Wishes card

Hi everyone!  Popping in to share a card that I hope you find as adorable as I do...this little quilted snowman was so fun to create.  I know many have already finished their Christmas cards, but if you haven't or if you have more to create, this is a fun one to do.



I first used the We R Memory Keepers Next Level Quilted Embossing Folder on top of white textured cardstock - the texture is amazing!  I used my 3 Fiskars circle hole punches to create each segment of the snowman, and then I lightly inked the edges using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  I trimmed a piece of CTMH Sky cardstock and stamped asterisks in two sizes, a period, and a colon from CTMH's Tiny Typewriter Alpha set using the Salty Ocean and Pumice Stone Distress Inks.  I lightly touched each asterisk with a Wink of Stella clear marker to create a touch of shine.  



After distressing the edges, I layered it on top of white textured cardstock, silver glitter cardstock, another Sky piece, and a 5x7 white textured piece.  I layered my snowman pieces, used two enamel dots for his eyes and trimmed an orange checkmark enamel piece (cutting off the bottom of the checkmark) to create his nose (the checkmark comes from Echo Park Creative Agenda enamel shapes).  I used CTMH Tulip velvet ribbon for his scarf.  

Finally, I stamped the title in Salty Ocean ink...from two different CTMH stamp sets.  I used the Wink of Stella marker to create shine in the "Winter" to finish the card - it's hard to see in the photo, though.



I hope this post finds you staying warm this winter!  

Hot chocolate hugs,
Majken




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic