Saturday, April 29, 2017

Love - Always & Forever | Scrapbook & Cards Today April Challenge

Hello and happy Sunday to you all!

Are you a reader of Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine?  I've been a reader for many years and they started a monthly challenge this year.  I decided to take part in the April sketch challenge because, flowers!  I also recently tidied up my craft room - and came across some of my wedding photos, so I had to scrap my favorite one.



So I started with a gorgeous sheet of Bazzill Juneberry cardstock for my base.  I also had just seen Bea Valint's spring frame cut file and thought it would be perfect.  I cut the full frame and trimmed one of the sides to use.  I then used the Studio software to separate some of the flowers to create the back/inside cuts for a few of them.  I felt like I was playing "Operation" using the Studio knife tool zoomed in to get exactly what I needed to separate!



For the photo mat, I had to use that "So Happy Together" paper. And vellum always gives a pretty touch to wedding pages - I scalloped the top of my vellum first.  I sewed around the photo too to help frame it.  I fussycut the flowers with "always & forever" from a journal card on the 4x4 and 4x6 Vertical Journaling Elements paper.



The "LOVE" stickers go perfectly for the title!  I popped them up with some 3D foam dots.



I used many different enamel dots to fill in some of the flower centers.  I also did a fair bit of fussycutting, and I used the center of the little 5-petal flowers from the cut file to fill in for added variety.




Here is the sketch I used from Becky Fleck of PageMaps via Scrapbook & Cards Today.



It is so fun to use sketches!  Check back on May 12th for my reveal of Creative Scrappers sketch 306.

Until then, enjoy your week (with a bit of chocolate!).

xoxo,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic