Thursday, May 15, 2014

#TBT - Too Cute

Ah, sweet Thursday...also known as Friday eve.  Well, not really, but that's how I like to think of it.  ;)  The gateway to the weekend.  And today, I'm happy to share with you part three of my Throwback Thursday series.  Today's layout comes the distance all the way back from 2004.  It's a simple 2-page layout but I think its simplicity is definitely part of its charm.  Check out my daughter at 2 1/2 years old (such a cutie pie, but I'm not biased at all):


I featured photos of Presley after she was ready for school (i.e. with neat hair, no crumbs or stains on clothes or face, etc....lol) on the left hand side of the layout and journaling on the right-hand side.  

I used all Close To My Heart materials (Barn Red cardstock, Autumn Terracotta cardstock, and Sweet Leaf background & texture paper as well as CTMH alpha and flower stamps).  I sanded the AT cardstock pieces for some texture, and I matted the photos and journaling with opposing colors of cardstock for added depth.  I kept embellishments to a minimum as was the style back then...bows with stamped, fussycut flowers on the left:



And eyelets (remember those?!), twine, and stamps on the right:



I hope you enjoyed the journey back in scrapbooking time with me!  Stay tuned in two weeks for a re-do of one of my very first layouts from 1999!  I can't wait...until then, any TBT layouts you share with me would be awesome.

Thanks for visiting today, and have a happy Thursday!

Hugs and chocolate,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic