Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mister Carwash

Hello everyone and welcome May - National Scrapbooking Month!  So many fun things happen in May - Mother's Day, my husband's and my anniversary, Memorial Day, our neighborhood swimming pools and water parks open...and the sunshine is usually here to stay in the Houston area.  :)

Today I'm sharing my take on the Practical Scrappers May sketch, and it's focused on my son, Paxton.  Our favorite car wash place is Mister Carwash, and it has a water gun that the kids can spray at the cars as they go by!  So fun for him.

Here's my layout:


And it's based on this Practical Scrapper sketch created by Christine Meyer:


Because of how I wanted my photos to appear, I flipped the sketch like in the mirror.  I love the boyish patterns and colors of the Echo Park "That's My Boy" collection.  My base is the dark blue patterned paper.  The photo base is white cardstock with different colors of paint spattered on it, and I also used some of my favorite Studio Calico Darling Dear chevron vellum.

I applied the plaid strip at the top and sewed along the top and bottom of it.  My bottom strip is the blue patterned paper covered with a strip of the patterned white and light blue paper, which I also stitched through the middle.


One of the shapes in the collection is a slightly elongated hexagon (you can see a small strip of this paper in the top left of my layout under the "Car"), so I found and used that shape in my stash as a journal tag after inking the edge in dark blue.  I grounded the layout by cutting a corner of orange and stitching to the bottom right, and then I added a few embellishments from my stash as well - a vellum star, a button, and a badge.

For my title, I used a retro-looking font and cut "mister" using my Cameo and the white and light blue patterned paper.  I inked the edges in red.  For "Carwash" I used a different font on my Cameo, and because I wanted to use the same dark blue patterned paper, I also cut a mat for it in the white and light blue paper.


A few staples and the layout was done!

I hope you were inspired by my rendition of this sketch...I certainly enjoyed capturing this memory with my son.  :)

Have a wonderful week!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic