Friday, May 2, 2014

Positively Cool

Hello Friday, and hello paper crafts people!

My nephew had a birthday a couple of days ago, so I made him a square card using one of my very favorite Echo Park collections "All About a Boy".  I *love* the colors in this collection. This stamped 6x6 card is going to be on the Practical Scrappers blog today highlighted stamped projects.  I used Close To My Heart stamps S1204 (sentiment) and A1150 (chevron).


This was a relatively simple card.  I stamped the chevron in several blue inks to create an ombre effect, and then sewed in orange across the middle of the chevrons and over the various patterned papers.  I outlined the blue patterned paper with stitching as well.  

I stamped the sentiment "You are positively COOL!" and popped it up with 3D foam tape. 

Now I just need to send my nephew the card!  I did text him to wish him happy birthday, but it's not the same as getting something in the mail....even if belated.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Chocolate hugs,
Majken

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic