Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cousins

Howdy y'all!  (See, I can say that because I'm Texan).  :)  Today I wanted to share a layout I did with my kids and their cousins.  I wish we lived closer to them, but I do cherish the time when we do see them.

Isn't this Pebbles collection fun?!  I love the hexagons that make up the flowers in the main pattern of Family Ties.


Some layouts really benefit from a spritz of ink, and this layout is one of them.  I liked the white background, but after laying everything out, I felt that the white was a bit stark.  I used Pacifica re-inker from CTMH to spritz, and the Honeycomb stamp set for my big hexagons (lifted with 3D dots).    My small title was made using Lily Bee Design white letters from Autumn Spice and Echo Park's Alpha Stickers from Photo Freedom Vol. 1.


To balance the patterned paper, I used CTMH Pacifica and Outdoor Denim cardstock.  I finished the layout off with a banner spanning both pages with some letters from the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, some buttons and dots, and finally some machine stitching  with green thread just to tie it all together.


Thanks for dropping by today.  I hope your week is filled with cousins, love,  and chocolate.

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic