Monday, July 22, 2013

Using some of my stash

Hello everyone-

Are you one of those crafters who can't pass up pretty paper?  I certainly am.  I have stacks and stacks of it...and I can't stop buying more (it's sooo PRETTY!).  I've run out of space - my paper area definitely is in need of some reorganization.  Until then, I've decided I need to start using some of my hoarded paper in projects.  Yes, actually USE it.  So, I glanced at my stash, and my eye went to some Basic Grey Sugar Rush collection that I believe came out in 2011. 

I decided to make some cards, and here is what I created.


The one on the left was created using the Clean & Simple stamping card sketch #137.  The card on the right was created using Pattern 24 from Close To My Heart's "Make It From Your Heart Volume 1".  I love the orange patterned paper with the kite bows, but I toned it down by using the polka dot pattern as my main background.  I also used ink to distress all my edges except for the tulip red cardstock. 

See below for a list of products used, and thanks for stopping by today!

Chocolate scrappy wishes,
Majken

Products used:
Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper
CTMH Colonial White Cards
CTMH Tulip Ink (retired)
CTMH Grey Wool Ink (retired)
CTMH D1300 Circle Around stamp set (retired)
CTMH D1475 Card Chatter - Birthday stamp set
CTMH B1362 Tag the Occasion stamp set (retired)
CTMH B1339 Topstitch Love is in the Air stamp set (retired)
CTMH D1514 Just a Number stamp set
CTMH Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy collection (scallop and heart)
Fiskars medium circle punch
Gems


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic