Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pretty, new bangs

Hello everyone-

Today I'm posting a two-page layout showcasing my daughter, who just recently got bangs for the first time.  She is so proud of them!  Scrapbook Circle's "My Favorite" kit was the basis for this layout, but I used a lot pieces from my stashes (yes, plural).  I really like Fancy Pants Design's Trendsetter collection in the kit and had some of my own pieces of that collection including the Patterned Photo Frames.  I started with some CTMH Champagne cardstock, and I spritzed CTMH Sorbet reinker and black Glimmer Mist in a diagonal and let it dry.


Next, I layered various patterned paper until I felt it looked right.  I balanced the layout by using the same paper on each page in different ratios.  I admit I used some elements from the previous Scrapbook Circle kit, "Happy Place" including AC's Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm paper and the Heidi Swapp mint alpha.


I covered chipboard stars with black cardstock and distressed the edges.  I ink-distressed the edges of some of the paper pieces.



I used some old CTMH black epoxy hearts, some gems from my stash, and the Maya Road Star Pins (love them!).



To tie the two pages together, I chose CTMH's wide Black Striped Grograin ribbon.  This was a very fun layout to make.

Thanks for visiting today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic