Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Layout Sketch Interpretation for Practical Scrappers

Happy April Fools Day, y'all!  And happy Tuesday.  Can you believe it's April already??  

C-R-A-Z-Y, right?!  I'm pretty sure it was *just* Valentine's Day....amiright?

Well, time marches on.  It's time for the Practical Scrapper's April Sketch.  And it's a cute one designed by Christine Meyer:  



I decided to streeeetch out the sketch to make a two-page layout so I could scrap some photos from my visit with my mom, brothers, and their families.  I used the new Simple Stories Homespun collection, which I found so much fun to work with.  The papers were so inspiring and colorful.



I started with two pages of CTMH Colonial White cardstock and sewed a large heart in dark blue thread and spattered some red ink across the top 2/3 of the pages.  I then chose three papers from the Homespun collection.  I found a chevron border to cut using my Cameo.  I cut the first chevron border out of the plaid pattern, and then turned the cardstock over and cut the second one for the right-hand page so that the end of the first page would match up with the beginning of the 2nd page.  I repeated with the heart pattern.  I inked the edges of the borders with CTMH Cranberry ink and adhered over the blue flower pattern across both pages.



I matted my five photos using the Colonial White cardstock and inked the edges in Cranberry and Outdoor Denim ink.  I placed them on the pages, and then started the embellishments.  I pulled some tabs and arrows for the pages, one of the journal squares for my journaling, and then some other pieces to use for the embellishment cluster in the top right.  I sewed a part of the chevron down and layered my chosen pieces over.



I also fussy-cut a lot of the small hearts from the heart patterned paper to sprinkle throughout my layout - some with 3D pop dots.  

For the title, I chose the LOVE tag, put Juniper cardstock behind it, and glued a small yellow heart in the middle of the "O".  I used my Cameo to cut out "Family".  After gluing the letters down, I faux stitched in blue ink to help it pop off the page more.  A yellow flower and red twine completed the tag.



To balance the layout, I cut a corner of the plaid paper and layered with a blue flower and red twine.



I hope you liked my interpretation of the layout!  If you liked it, I'd be thrilled if you'd share it.  I'd also love to see your interpretation of the sketch!  You can share on the Practical Scrappers blog or Facebook page, and make sure to tell them I sent you.

Have a great week filled with chocolate kisses!

Majken




1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic