Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{LOVE} Blocks

Hello everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you some altered chipboard cubes that I spruced up using My Mind's Eye Now & Then "Mildred" 6x6 paper pad.  I love the colors, the varied patterns, and the quality texture of these papers!  Here are my blocks:



Each cube side is 2" x 2".  I flipped through the paper pad and chose the large polka dot paper for my front (where I planned to stamp "LOVE") and framed it with the coral pink small polka dot paper.  I inked all smaller square edges with CTMH Ponderosa Pine ink and all large square edges using CTMH Smoothie ink.  I varied each side of the cube with different papers.  Here is a look at the back of the "L" cube:


I love that green chevron paper!  Here are the other cubes:




I stamped the LOVE in Smoothie using CTMH C1548, which came with the Canvas Frame last year.  I topped each cube with a small embellishment from my stash.  I liked bringing out the gold in the collection with the oversized brad and gold hemp on top of the "E" cube.  For the brad, I simply bent the brad prongs back and forth until they broke off so I wouldn't have to punch a hole through the cube.  


I hope you enjoyed my altered art today.  It was nice to create something different from a regular layout, and this is a great way to use 6x6 paper pads.  It would work with scraps, too!  

Have you created any decorative pieces lately?  I'd love you to share them with me!

Thanks for stopping by.  :)

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic