Saturday, April 9, 2016

Love Shaker Card with Basketweave technique

Hi everyone - hope you are having a craft-tastic weekend!  I wanted to pop in quickly to share a card that uses the paper basketweave technique and also is a shaker card!  I used the gorgeous Crate Paper Hello, Love collection (here's a layout I shared last week using the collection).

Take a look!



The card is simple, yet fun.  The basketweave piece is approximately 4x6 and the finished card is 5x7.  

To create the shaker, I took a photo of the heart from one of the patterned papers in Hello, Love, loaded it into Silhouette Studio and then cut it out.  I put patterned paper as the base for the heart (trimmed to just smaller than the heart), and then sprinkled sequins and shapes.  Using some leftover clear packaging, I trimmed that to the size of the heart as well and then put the cut heart on top.

Some twine, enamel dots, and a "love" rub-on complete the card.

Have you tried paper basketweaving yet?  If not, I hope you do...it's addicting!

Chocolate hugs,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic