Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sweet Little Man

Hello out there in scrappy land!  Today I'm digging in to a new stash of Jillibean Soup Healthy Hello.  It's got great colors for girls, but I'm using it for a boy layout following along with Scrap Our Stash's April sketch + 3.  I used Jillibean Soup, Kraft paper, and lined paper for my three choices.  Isn't my little man handsome?  He crinkles his nose up at pink but loved the layout when I showed him!  I think the blue really balances it out.


I loved the sketch as soon as I saw it.  I took Just Nick's Scribble Circle Background and trimmed the top left circle from the full background, then enlarged it to cut out.  Then I machine stitched some wonky circles over the circle in dark blue thread.  It's fun to let the sewing machine go fast and crazy!

Speaking of crazy, I decided the small flowers needed to be fussycut so I could include on my layout.  I trimmed the flower journal card to pair with my photo.  I matted it and then trimmed a smaller piece of the lined paper journal card to stash behind.  I loved layering the flowers and stickers like the "awesome you" tab sticker.  Isn't the arrow paper fun?!


  
Here's the embellishment area on the bottom right of the layout.  I adore that "Herbed Hola" paper with the confetti circles!  I also used an arrow sticker and some word stickers, then added more fussycut flowers and some enamel dots.


Here's a close-up of the journal area:



For the title, I used some brown Thickers to go with the kraft paper as well as the blue alpha stickers from the collection.

One more close up of the fussycut flowers (don't they look pretty with the bluebonnet?) and enamel dots.



Here's a look at the sketch:



Fun sketch and super fun collection!  I hope you take a stab at the sketch and that I've inspired you to use your pink on a boy layout.  

Have a super week!
Majken


4 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a fabulous page and take on the sketch (+) challenge! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love how you worked the flowers into a boy layout---I always struggle with this. Of course it helped that he's holding a flower! Thanks for playing at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge. Your picture is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the idea to used flowers on a boy layout. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic