Wednesday, April 30, 2014

#TBT {Precious Baby} - Creative Scrappers Sketch 266

Happy (almost) Thursday, y'all!  Today I'm back with another installment of my Throwback Thursday series where every other Thursday I will share either an older layout or a new rendition of an older layout.


Today is a new rendition of my baby girl's first day on planet Earth.  Sometimes I can think back and smell her new-baby smell...such a wonderful scent.  :)  Here is the original layout from 2002...not many embellishments...so much has changed in the scrapbooking world!



For the updated page, I used the Creative Scrappers #266 sketch.  So fun!!



Because I just adore My Mind's Eye, the circles on the Mildred "Today" Dots paper just really went hand-in-hand with the sketch!  Here is the full updated layout with my rendition of the sketch:



I started with my base of the MME Mildred paper.  I *love* the colors!  I also had a MME Now & Then Mildred 6x6 paper pad, so I used that extensively.  I first chose the stripe and small flower paper for my vertical strips, which I inked with CTMH Twilight ink and adhered.  I stitched along the right side of the flower paper.

I worked on the photo area next and chose two of the photos from my original three and matted them with vellum that I inked.  The photos were then matted on top of the pink heart paper inked in Smoothie, a piece of distressed pink and white flower paper, on top of the light green polka dot paper.  After I estimated my photo mat placement, I cut out a line of the circles from the Mildred paper that were to the left of the photo area and set them aside.  I matted the Mildred paper onto a plain piece of cardstock so the open circles would have a base.  I then stitched over the photo mat with dark green thread.



To complete the photo area, I used a strip of lace tape, some Smoothie ribbon, a gold heart cut from the MME paper, and a MME enamel dot.

Next up was taking the circles that I cut out and popping them up with 3D foam tape.  I used some Smoothie twine to drape along the circles.  I embellished along the circle/twine strip with cut out hearts, enamel dots, and sequins.




I wanted the title to be different from the original layout (the original title is "In the Hospital"...not so original!), and the word "precious" is really how I thought of my firstborn, so I kept the title simple.  I used CTMH alpha stamps and stamped on MME Now & Then Milo "This Week" paper.  I cut out "baby" individually and popped the letters up with 3D foam tape.



I know the sketch doesn't show a journal area, but I felt compelled to journal this important day.  I used a similar mat placement for the journaling as I did with the photos, bringing in the patterns from the vertical strips underneath the photo area.



Well, that's it for today's installment of TBT!  I hope you enjoyed the updated look as much as I do.  :)  TBT returns in two weeks...and don't forget to view TBT #1 if you missed it.

Enjoy some chocolate today...happy scrapping!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic