Sunday, March 19, 2017

Forever - Using Negative Die Cuts & Fancy Pants Designs Sweet Nothings

Hello lovely scrappy chocoholics!

Today I'm sharing a layout I shared the other day on Instagram.  I'd love you to follow me there if you aren't already!  I created a layout using the negative cut from this lovely Valentine/date night layout, also using Fancy Pants Designs' Sweet Nothings collection - it's so pretty!  I created a background of hearts cut file using a Scrapbook & Cards Today cut file from Feb. 2016.

Here is the full layout.  Please pardon the shadows - I popped up those hearts and you can't get away from photography shadows when you do that.  :)


 Isn't it fun?  I adore hearts...I remember filling up pages of notebook paper in junior high (and into college) with them.  I loved doodling them!

Scrappy tip:  When I cut out the original cut file, I used the cut file as a template for where to place the inside of the hearts to make sure they were centered.  You may not be able to tell in the photo above, but there's black cardstock under the Sweet Nothings hearts.  I wasn't yet sure how I was going to use it, so I went ahead and placed them with the original cut file as my guide.

I love sewing on my layouts, so when I cut the new hearts out I lightly scored them in the center and adhered them to the black hearts underneath.  Then I zig zag stitched down the center and pulled each side of the hearts up.  Here are some close ups.


 I love those puffy stickers in the collection too!



I tucked a tag behind the photo, which I printed out using my HP Sprocket pocket printer...it's so fun to use, and I didn't even need to use adhesive since each photo is backed with it already!



That's all for today!  I hope you enjoy using your negative die cuts.

Here is the cut file I used to create my background.


Enjoy your week!  

Majken



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic