Friday, March 31, 2017

Love Today | Fancy Pants Family & Co. with The Cut Shoppe

Hello there!

Happy Friday everyone!  Do you like ice cream?  Well, it's my favorite!  And it must be chocolate of course (it wasn't hard to come up with my blog name, let's just say!).  A few weeks ago, we went to a new burger place and I tried a chocolate stout shake.  

Oh. My. YUM.  

So good, y'all!  My hubby snapped a few photos and when I saw them I knew I wanted to use my new stash of Fancy Pants Designs Family & Co with the vibrant colors!  I also used Let Them Eat Pie from The Cut Shoppe.




I traced, enlarged, and then cut the "Love" pie cut file from AC textured cardstock on my Cameo.  I backed it with Family & Co papers and set it aside.  Next, I offset the outside of the pie circle by .175 and snapped periods around the circle using a similar technique I showed last May.  I then sent this to my Cameo on a fresh piece of cardstock.  Once the holes were cut, I backstitched my circle using black floss and then put the Love pie cut file inside the stitched circle.

To complete the title, I used black foam "Today" from Amy Tan "Today" Thickers - such fun texture!  I used some cute sequins from Spiegelmom Scraps called "Believe in You". They're a perfect match with a punched heart and the colors in the collection!



For the top 3 pieces of my pie, I used 6x6 papers from Family & Co.  The one on the right with the writing had highlighted phrases in the wrong spot, so I simply cut out those two phrases and glued them over the plain phrases.  



I used 3 asterisks from the Family & Co alpha pack as well as some other goodies from Maya Road, Crate Paper, Bella Blvd, and Webster's Pages.

I cut a large heart from the black hearts paper to mat the photo in the top left.



I tucked a little journaling tag behind the bottom left photo.



And there you have my second layout with hand stitching on it - it's such a fun technique, and I hope I've inspired you to try it.

Have a super weekend (with some ice cream of course!).

Chocolate hugs,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic