Wednesday, March 22, 2017

{When It's Cold Out But You Want to Swim} Scrapbook & Cards Today sketch

Howdy y'all!  Happy spring to you.  I'm here today to share a layout that's a little bit winter, a little bit summer.  This is my sweet niece Sophie.  Back in November, she decided she wanted to swim and put on her bathing suit and her winter hat and gloves - because it was November. Adorable!  I think we've all been there.  :)

I am using a sketch from Scrapbook & Cards Today I saw in the Winter 2016 magazine and some Crate Paper Cute Girl and Snow & Cocoa as well as Maggie Holmes Bloom.  



The first thing I did was create a cut file inspired by a pattern on one of my papers I had laying around!  I cut it out onto a 6 x 12 piece of white cardstock using my Cameo and then adhered it to the striped paper.  And because I love to sew on my layouts, I sewed around some of the "petals".  And I used some large enamel dots as the centers.




To create my title, I cut out "When it's cold out but you want to" using Thirsty font - it's such a fun font!  I used Dear Lizzy Ooh La La Thickers to create "Swim".



All the fun elements and layers on the photo make me happy - like that cute penguin! And that Maya Road tulle flower from last year's SCT kit was a perfect change of texture.



I used two dies to cut a scalloped circle and the notebook page.  And sewing adds such wonderful texture...I rarely skip sewing on a layout!



Here's the sketch I used.  I tailored my layout for one photo since that's all I had to document.



Thanks for visiting with me today!  I hope you have a great spring!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic